- Multi Input Full touch + S Pen (Advanced smart pen)
- AndroidTM 2.3(Gingerbread)
- 3G/4G: 850/900/1900/200 EDGE: 850/900/1800/2100
- 5.3″ WXGA (1280 x 800, 285 PPI) screen* HD Super AMOLED
- Camera Main(Rear) : 8 MP with LED Flash / Front : 2 MP Action Shot, Beauty, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
Galaxy Note is A new type of smartphone, borne of insight and innovation. It is the ultimate on-the-go device which consolidates core benefits of diverse mobile devices while maintaining smartphone portability. It empowers you with everything you can ever desire so that you can simply, feel free. It is truly smart.
Consumer research indicates that people always want to do more tasks much better, even on the go, whether it is web browsing, email, games, or viewing photos and videos. To do all this, consumers carry multiple devices, because each device has unique benefits that work best in a particular situation. Therefore, consumers constantly switch devices to use the right device at the right time.
Even for consumers with multiple smart devices, they still carry around a notepad for writing down ideas. There is an emerging desire for a primary device for on-the-go use that could consolidate the core tasks of multiple devices as well as recreate the ease and simplicity of using a p
List Price: $ 675.00
Price: $ 675.00
Now there is no need to carry both an iPhone/Android phone AND iPad/Android tablet! This phone-tablet device has better resolution (and pixel density of course) than the iPad, and it’s a third of the size, so it’s much easier to carry and walk around with. AND it’s much more than just a 3G tablet, it’s also a phone for those times that you wish to send SMS, and to have a ‘normal’ (verbal) phone conversation without voice over IP apps. I am one of those people that actually ‘texts’ a lot more than I speak into my phone, but the phone is a bit large, so hands-free earbuds or a bluetooth headset is recommended if you speak into your phone a lot.
Because of my impatience, I imported my Galaxy Note from a UK site before it was available on Amazon, but I would have preferred to purchase this device from Amazon instead of importing from overseas. I was so excited to receive my note, and I am simply amazed by the screen resolution and speed!! The build quality is excellent, the device is light (and thin if that’s your thing), and a fully charged battery lasts from morning ’til night! I am going to sell my iPhone and Android tablet ASAP!
More on the screen resolution/camera:
Remote desktop/VNC access from the Note is amazing for those of us that sometimes work remotely, and this device currently has the best balance of usability and portability; For example, for remote desktop use, the iPhone 4/4S is limited by 960 x 480 pixels, the iPad is currently limited by 1024 x 768 pixels, and any Android tablet with 1280 x 800 resolution is nowhere as portable as the Note! Even if Apple finally releases a 9.7-inch 720p iPad in March, I will be staying devoted to my Note. (Tablet makers should be focusing on making 1080P tablets for 2012, in my opinion.) Speaking of pixels, the Note has an 8MP camera on the back and a 2MP camera on the front, so once again much better than any iPad/Android tablet camera, and on par with the cameras on any of the newer smartphones eg. iPhone 4S/Galaxy S2.
Also, if the 5.3-inch screen is too small for remote desktop or watching movies, say in a hotel room, the Note has HDMI-out via a MHL-HDMI adapter! (Samsung and other brands available on Amazon; Take a look on Youtube for NZtechfreak’s excellent video reviews on HDMI-output and other amazing things you can do with the Galaxy Note!)
What would I improve about the Galaxy Note?
1. LED notifications; there are no flashing lights when a new push message is received, not cool man!
2. If it could have been just a bit smaller (around 4.9 inches), but not as small as the 4.65-inch Galaxy Nexus, which has a 1280 x 720 resolution (but only a 5MP camera by the way, and the home screen is still only 4 icons wide!).
In summary, the Samsung Galaxy Note is:
1. Better than any smartphone – matching camera/phone features but faster processor, more pixels/higher resolution = more home screen icons, and a longer battery life!
2. Better than any tablet – matching screen resolution and long battery life with any of the newer tablets, but has a better camera, and is still small enough to walk down the street with.
This is the best mobile device ever made!!!